SBIR Accelerate CT
SBIR Accelerate CT is a CTNext initiative designed to enhance the competitiveness of SBIR/STTR proposals among Connecticut’s small technology companies. The program helps participants compete for more than $2.6 billion in non-dilutive federal research and development funding through the nation’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
- Advanced training sessions open to the public (Info and registration for next session)
- Specialized guidance, which includes up to 20 hours of strategic one-on-one assistance for 15 companies actively preparing SBIR/STTR applications (View application)
- Once accepted to the program, the cost to participate is $250. However, if the company is women-owned, minority-owned or veteran-owned the cost is $150. (The $100 subsidy is provided through a FAST grant awarded to CI by the SBA.)
- Up to 15 companies will be selected annually
- Overall grant strategy
- Identifying appropriate solicitations
- Project planning tool set
- Editorial review
- Assistance with proposal submission
- Assistance with details of post-submission administration
- Specific one-on-one mentoring
- Provide incentives to companies to learn about and engage in the SBIR/STTR process
- Build upon Connecticut’s SBIR Acceleration and Commercialization Program that provides state match funding for federal SBIR/STTR award winners
- Enhance the competitiveness of Connecticut’s technology companies’ applications
- Facilitate collaborations with academia and industry to improve chances of commercialization
- Drive economic development
- Meet standard federal SBIR/STTR requirements
- Small Connecticut technology companies set up as: (S Corp, C Corp, and LLC) that have never won an SBIR/STTR award or have won a Phase I but were turned down for a Phase II may apply.
- The majority of the company’s operations are based in Connecticut.
- Has attended BBCetc Training Course
- Submits an application after attending a two-day BBCetc Training Course
- The project is deemed appropriate for one or more agencies.
- The company has identified a qualified Principal Investigator (PI).
- Agrees to provide CI with ongoing feedback for a period of three years regarding application submissions and outcomes
- If accepted, applicant pays program fee
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 734-930-9741.
How to Apply for SBIR Accelerate CT
Watch the recording and view the slides.
Recently we held a webinar focused on a new initiative, “SBIR Accelerate CT” providing intensive training and one-on-one assistance to help 15 companies prepare competitive SBIR/STTR proposals. If you are interested in applying for the program we strongly recommend that you review this one-hour webinar which provides:
- Overview of the SBIR Accelerate CT
- Information required on the program application
- Tips for making your program application competitive
- Advice on how to prepare for the follow-up assessment call