Topics for the Department of Energy (DOE) FY 2024 SBIR/STTR Phase I Release 2 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) have been issued and are available on their website: https://science.osti.gov/sbir/
The following DOE program offices are participating in this (FOA):
- Office of Cyber Security, Energy Security, and Emergency Response (CESER)
- Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (NNSA)
- Office of Electricity (OE)
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
- Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM)
- Office of Nuclear Energy (NE)
Upcoming Topics Webinar
Please register for one or more of the DOE FY 2024 Phase I Release 2 SBIR/STTR Topics webinars and hear directly from the DOE Topic Managers as they briefly provide insight into their respective topics.
Webinar 1: CESER, OE & FECM Topics 1,9-10 &23-28 Tuesday, November 14, 2023: Register by clicking here.
Webinar 2: EERE Topics 11-22 Wednesday, November 15, 2023: Register by clicking here.
Webinar 3: NNSA and NE Topics 2-8 & 29-30 Thursday, November 16, 2023: Register by clicking here.
These webinars are scheduled for 90 minutes or less and during registration you will be able to submit questions in advance as well as during each webinar. If you can’t attend the live webinars, DOE will be recording each one and making these available on our website under “Funding Opportunities”.
Funding Opportunity Announcement Webinar
DOE will be holding a webinar to discuss the FY 2024 SBIR/STTR Phase I Release 2 Funding Opportunity Announcement and application process on Friday, December 15, 2023. Important changes to the DOE SBIR and STTR programs for the coming year will also be addressed.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Phase 0 application assistance program opens, Monday, November 6, 2023
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: Monday, December 11, 2023
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Wednesday, January 3, 2024
- Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided: Tuesday, January 23, 2024
- Application Due Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2024
- Award Notification Date: Monday, May 20, 2024*
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Monday, July 1, 2024*
*Dates Subject to Change