Tips for purchasing and viewing:
- Click on the workshop to view further information and to register.
- If you have a Discount Code, enter it in that box and it will automatically apply.
- You will receive both an on-page and email confirmation with a link to the workshop. If you do not receive the link within a short time after submitting the form, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM.
- For assistance, please email email@example.com or call 734-930-9741.
- This event has passed.
SBIR/STTR Proposal Prep for DOD and DOE
January 16, 2020 @ 4:00 am - 10:00 am EST
This Dept. of Defense-focused seminar provides detailed instruction on preparing a proposal to meet the requirements of the DoD and DOE, including both technical and commercialization plans, and navigating the submission process. Presented by DoD SBIR/STTR expert, Jerry Hollister, the program will also cover:
• SBIR/STTR program basics and up-to-date information on the DoD and DOE program
• An understanding of the differences between DoD components
• Tips on how to identify a topic
• The importance of talking to Technical Points of Contact during the pre-release period
• Writing to meet the reviewers’ expectations
• Common pitfalls and how to avoid them, and more
About the Trainer: Jerry Hollister, Principal Consultant
Jerry Hollister is a BBCetc Principal Consultant, joining the company in 2017 with 30 years of leadership experience in government, higher education, non-profit and for-profit enterprises. After earning an engineering degree from the University of Michigan, he served as commissioned Naval Officer in the Civil Engineer Corps and a warranted Contracting Officer for the Dept. of Defense. Prior to joining BBCetc, Jerry was COO for Michigan-based start-up Niowave, a developer of superconducting electron accelerators. Jerry was instrumental in Niowave receiving $20 million in SBIR awards. The company was named the 2010 SBIR/STTR Small Business of the Year by the Dept. of Energy and, in 2016, was honored with the S.B.A.’s Tibbetts Award, which recognizes the best in SBIR achievement.
Do you know about Michigan’s SBIR/STTR Assistance Program? The Michigan SBIR/STTR Assistance Program provides SBIR/STTR training and proposal development services to technology companies with most costs covered by a state grant. The program is managed by BBCetc.
Funds for this initiative were provided by the 21st Century Jobs Fund, a MSF program designed to accelerate the growth and diversification of Michigan’s economy.