SBIR Accelerate CT
SBIR Accelerate CT is a CTNext initiative designed to enhance the competitiveness of SBIR/STTR proposals among Connecticut’s small technology companies. The program helps participants compete for more than $3.2 billion in non-dilutive federal research and development funding through the nation’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
- Advanced training sessions open to the public.
- Specialized guidance, which includes up to 20 hours of strategic one-on-one assistance for companies actively preparing SBIR/STTR applications (View application)
- Once accepted to the program, the cost to participate is $250. However, if the company is women-owned, minority-owned or veteran-owned the cost is $150. (The $100 subsidy is provided through a FAST grant awarded to CI by the SBA.)
- Overall grant strategy
- Identifying appropriate solicitations
- Project planning tool set
- Editorial review
- Assistance with proposal submission
- Assistance with details of post-submission administration
- Specific one-on-one mentoring
- Provide incentives to companies to learn about and engage in the SBIR/STTR process
- Enhance the competitiveness of Connecticut’s technology companies’ applications
- Facilitate collaborations with academia and industry to improve chances of commercialization
- Drive economic development
- Meet standard federal SBIR/STTR requirements
- The majority of the company’s operations are based in Connecticut
- The project is deemed appropriate for one or more agencies.
- The company has identified a qualified Principal Investigator (PI)
- Agrees to provide CTNext with ongoing feedback for a period of three years regarding application submissions and outcomes
- If accepted, the applicant pays the program fee