BioGenerator creates, grows and invests in promising bioscience companies and entrepreneurs in the St. Louis region.
The firm’s work spans the early-stage startup lifecycle of companies within the health and plant sciences. BioGenerator collaborates with portfolio companies with the goal of removing barriers to entrepreneurial success by investing and advising as well as providing critical physical infrastructure and facilitating key talent recruitment.
BioGenerator positions portfolio companies to raise syndicated and follow-on investments and to navigate the unique challenges of company development.
BioGenerator was formed in 2003, to support new company formation and provide crucial investment in early-stage bioscience companies in St. Louis. Prominent community leaders realized the need to create a new generation of companies. To date, BioGenerator has invested in more than 50 startup companies.
BioGenerator is the investment arm of BioSTL, working together to advance the prosperity of St. Louis by cultivating a thriving bioscience sector.
- Making investments across multiple early stages (Pre-Seed, Seed, Series A)
- Developing strategic relationships with qualified investors on behalf of portfolio companies
- Focus on Company Building (Management, Boards, KOLs)
- Identify and leverage strong talent
- Access to collaborative/innovative lab space and state-of-the-art equipment
- Enables creation and launch of innovative companies
- High density of experienced industry expertise
- Access to general laboratories and capital equipment provided at no cost