- This event has passed.
Developing Competitive SBIR/STTR Applications for Healthy Aging Innovations
October 6, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute on Aging (NIA) Office of Small Business Research (OSBR) for a small business funding webinar, hosted by Stephanie Davis, Ph.D., OSBR program manager. The NIA OSBR, SBIR/STTR programs provide more than $100 million annually in set-aside, non-dilutive funding and resources to support small businesses looking to commercialize technologies. The small business programs support eligible companies and entrepreneurs creating innovative therapeutics, devices, and diagnostics that address aging, aging-related diseases, and the special needs of older Americans. Learn how to tap into NIA’s SBIR/STTR programs, which can help accelerate research on innovations in Alzheimer’s disease (AD), AD-related dementias, and other diseases of aging.
The webinar will feature:
- An overview of the SBIR and STTR programs and benefits of funding
- Priority research interests for NIA-funded small businesses
- Tips for submitting a competitive application
- Upcoming funding opportunities and deadlines
- Other resources and programs
- Opportunities to discuss your application with OSBR staff
Who Should Attend?
- Small biotech and/or health care technology businesses
- Academic researchers
- Technology transfer organizations
- Women- and minority-owned small businesses, as well as entrepreneurs from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds