Tips for purchasing and viewing:
- Click on the workshop to view further information and to register.
- If you have a Discount Code, enter it in that box and it will automatically apply.
- You will receive both an on-page and email confirmation with a link to the workshop. If you do not receive the link within a short time after submitting the form, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM.
- For assistance, please email email@example.com or call 734-930-9741.
- This event has passed.
Grants vs Contract and Selecting the Right Agency
August 18, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm EDT
This workshop will cover the differences in federal grants and contracts and participating federal agencies. We’ll review the differences between the two and which may be better for your technology.
- How to do your “homework”
- How to search solicitations and prior awards
- The importance of talking to agency program managers and more!
Presented by: Jerry Hollister, BBCetc Principal Consultant
Jerry Hollister is a BBCetc Principal Consultant, joining the company in 2017 with 30 years of leadership experience in government, higher education, non-profit and for-profit enterprises. After earning an engineering degree from the University of Michigan, he served as commissioned Naval Officer in the Civil Engineer Corps and a warranted Contracting Officer for the Dept. of Defense. His first duty station was at NAS Kingsville, where he served from 1987-1990. Prior to joining BBCetc, Jerry was Chief Operating Officer for Michigan-based Niowave, a developer of superconducting electron accelerators, where he worked to build the successful start-up company from 2008-17. Jerry was instrumental in Niowave receiving over 45 Phase I and Phase II SBIR awards. During his full-time tenure, Niowave was named the 2010 SBIR/STTR Small Business of the Year by the Dept. of Energy and, in 2016, was honored with the S.B.A.’s Tibbetts Award, which recognizes the best in SBIR achievement. He remains on the Niowave Board of Directors and continues to consult for Niowave on a regular basis. Before joining Niowave, Jerry served in a number of leadership roles for non-profit and educational institutions following his honorable discharge from the US Navy.
Funds for this initiative were provided by the 21st Century Jobs Fund, a MSF program designed to accelerate the growth and diversification of Michigan’s economy.