- This event has passed.
SBIR/STTR Proposal Prep for NSF
April 25, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Federal SBIR/STTR programs award over $3 billion in high-risk R&D funding annually to qualified small businesses. The process is complex with a steep learning curve, but the impact of receiving $millions in non-dilutive funding is worth the effort. Join serial SBIR awardee, Jerry Hollister, of the SBIR/STTR consulting firm, BBCetc, and get step-by-step instruction on preparing a competitive proposal for the National Science Foundation (NSF).
What you’ll come away with:
- SBIR/STTR basics such as eligibility, the differences between SBIR and STTR, how the money can be used, the differences between granting and contracting agencies, etc.
- NSF’s program objectives, what and who it funds
- How to plan your project
- Preparing the components of your proposal, including budgets development and commercialization planning
- Common problems and pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Navigating the submission process and what to expect
Presenter: Jerry Hollister, Principal Consultant
Do you know about Michigan’s SBIR/STTR Assistance Program? The Michigan SBIR/STTR Assistance Program provides SBIR/STTR training and proposal development services to technology companies with most costs covered by a state grant. The program is managed by BBCetc.
Funds for this initiative were provided by the 21st Century Jobs Fund, a MSF program designed to accelerate the growth and diversification of Michigan’s economy.